To create a centre of high quality in fundamental sciences such as Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry which provide a platform for the engineering studies and also in communication skills which helps the students to communicate themselves effectively and to create competent engineers who can be globally challenged in engineering fundamentals.
Keeping the core objectives to create academic excellence in fundamental sciences, the Department of Science and Humanities aims;
• To make students be fit in the present scenario of the competitive world.
• To mold the student to be a better decision maker.
• To help the students to find out the usefulness of a given projects, estimate its value and justify them in the engineering point of view.
• To raise up an engineer to be a person of moral and ethical values.
• To encourage advanced teaching learning process and quality research at individual, department and institutional level.